Mobile Classroom Driver
Purpose: The Mobile Classroom Driver drives our mobile RV classrooms into neighborhoods in Wake County to feed and tutor underserved elementary school aged children.
Location: Mobile classrooms are based at our office in Cary, NC, and travel to sites all over Wake County.
- Drive RV to assigned site and park RV following all safety and set-up instructions (including securing of wheels and placement of orange cones).
- Complete check lists prior to departure from office, during set-up and break down at program site, and upon return to office
- Record mileage and anything of note regarding the RV (maintenance issues, site needs, etc)
- Set up tables and chairs and stow them away after sessions
- Assistwith food service and tutor children if necessary
- Return RV to Read and Feed office in Cary
- Volunteer Coordinator
- 4 hours/shift during the school year, 4pm – 8pm, approximately 24 weeks from Sept – May, or during summer, approximately 9 weeks from June – August
- 23 years of age or older
- Clean driving record
- Clear criminal and sex offender background check
- Adherence to Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Reliable transportation
- Attend training/orientation session(s)
- Must possess and provide valid NC driver’s license – no special driver’s license required