Purpose: The materials delivery/pick-up volunteer delivers curriculum & program materials to our site locations across Wake County, and/or picks-up supplies from area stores.
Location: Read and Feed office and various program locations across Wake County. Read and Feed program sites are located in area churches, schools, Boys and Girls Club and Communities in Schools sites.
- Flexible schedule – shifts are scheduled as-needed (usually during business hours)
- Delivers requested materials to Read and Feed facility-based sites in Wake County
- Picks-up online orders at local retailers
- Volunteer & Program Director
- As-needed (most likely 3-4 hours/month)
- 18 years of age or older
- Physically able to perform tasks – requires lifting of boxes of books and other items, hauling items from car to destination and bending/squatting
- Adherence to Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to read map and/or follow GPS directions