Volunteer Drivers Needed
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
The Mobile Classroom Driver drives our mobile RV classrooms into neighborhoods and sites in Wake County to feed and distribute books, supplies, and provide tutoring to underserved elementary school aged children. Mobile classrooms are based at our office in Cary, NC, and travel to sites all over Wake County.
- Drive RV to assigned site and park RV following all safety and set-up instructions (including securing wheels and placement of orange cones)
- Complete checklists prior to departure from office, during set-up and break-down at program site, and upon return to office
- Record mileage and anything of note regarding the RV (maintenance issues, site needs, etc)
- Assist with food and supply distribution if necessary
- Return RV to Read and Feed office in Cary
- Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Time Commitment: 2-4 hour shift during the school year, between 10am – 5:30pm, approximately 24 weeks from Sept – May, or during summer, approximately 9 weeks from June – August.
Requirements: 23 years of age or older, clean driving record, criminal and sex offender background check, adherence to our Volunteer Code of Conduct, reliable transportation, attendance at our training session(s), and valid NC driver’s license. No special driver’s license required.
Visit readandfeed.org to learn more about our organization and how we serve the community!
Contact: 919-589-2596 or firstname.lastname@example.org