Purpose: The IFFS food pick-up volunteer picks up the meals for the children in our program.
Location: Inter-Faith Food Shuttle is located on Blair Drive (off of Centennial Campus) in Raleigh.
- Makes a 1-hour, weekly commitment for the school year (or summer)
- Picks up prepared food from Inter-Faith Food Shuttle and delivers to a specific program site or the Read and Feed office
- Knowledge of appropriate number of meals to pick up (provided by Read and Feed staff)
- Volunteer & Program Director
- 1 hour/week, Mon – Thurs, 2:30pm – 3:30pm, during the school year (approximately 24 weeks) and/or 9 weeks during summer months
- 18 years of age or older
- Physically able to perform tasks – requires lifting of cooler filled with food and bending
- Adherence to Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Reliable transportation